So “Love Song”, from Big Bang’s special edition mini album has been finally released. Love Song has been on rinse and repeat for the past few days, so I’ve been pretty excited about the upcoming MV:
A few thoughts::
- They are wearing the exact same wardrobe as their first live performance, but they look good in them. I can’t help but think GD looks like a high school delinquent with his baggy pants and paperclip earing.
GTO or GD?
- Black and white is awesome
- I wish they didn’t include the dancing. 5 guys in suits wandering through that kind of setting is already unrealistic (unless we are to believe these are gangsters that caused the mess? lol). But to have them suddenly start breaking into a dance and sing “oo-oo-ooooooh”… it’s 2011 now. Not 1990.
- I love “one shots”, really ups the epicness of any extended scene. However, they must of fucked up as they had a cut from TOP to GD. Probably couldn’t be assed to re-film the whole MV again.
- Not sure how the post-apocalypse setting fits in with the song, but cool nonetheless. Great attention to detail too.
- Seungri’s ass looks like it’s on fire at the end -_-
What did everyone think of Big Bang’s new tracks from their newest mini-albums? Personally, I thought it shows yet another side to them. Their new material are the least ‘hip-hop’ sounding yet. However, no matter what genre music they put out, be it hip hop, RnB, pop, jazz, soul, house, electronic, rock… you can always tell that it’s Big Bang. They have their own sound. I guess that’s why I love them (well, their music) so much and I never get bored of listening to them. No other Kpop group can draw me in like them.
OK enough fan-boying 🙂
Some Big Bang ringtones to share with you today!
Big Bang – Cafe
Big Bang – Love Song
Big Bang – Stupid Liar
Big Bang – Tonight (Taeyang Bridge)
Big Bang – Tonight
Big Bang – Tonight ver. 2
And a bonus GD&TOP one..
GD&TOP – High High
Remember to credit me if you download or share! Cheerio!
Holy crap. I haven’t posted in almost 4 months! Busy with work and studies… yadda yadda yadda.
But I’m back as I’ve got something to share with everyone: iPhone ringtones!
I love my iPhone but one crappy thing about it is you cannot use MP3 as your ringtone. That’s why you and 95% of other iPhone users are probably using the same generic ringtone.
Well I’ve got a pretty cool app which enables me to make my own ringtones in the .m4r format that the iPhone requires. I’ve now made up a pretty large selecting of ringtones, mostly Kpop but with some Jpop, Cpop and western music too. Thought I’d share some with you iPhone-using Kpop-loving people ^^
I will be taking requests for Kpop ringtones. You can do contact me by:
1) messaging me on Twitter (@qoobie23) or on this blog
2) Name of the artist (romanized), and track name
3) Which part of the song you want as the ringtone (e.g. 1:04 – 1:34)
Today, I’ll be sharing MBLAQ’s Cry and GDTOP’s Oh Yeah! Please no hotlinking, at least without full credits. Enjoy 🙂
MBLAQ – Cry Ringtone
GDTOP – Oh Yeah! Ringtone
Seungri will always be the maknae of BB and after seeing the teaser, I can not imagine his as anything but a little boy. He’s just got such a lil boy face!
- WTF is that big ass flower doing on his suit at 0:07?
- Sounds like a nice beat, but teaser is too short. I hope his voice isn’t vocadized(?) for the whole album.
- Sounds better than Strong Baby
Was tidying up my room and going through my CD collection.. damn I spent a lot of money on Big Bang (and 2NE1) 😀
I don’t buy EVERY BB CD. I didn’t buy the first 3 singles, since almost all the tracks were released in the first full album. Plus, not a big fan of their Japanese rehashes of their Korean hits. I do like their Japan-only tracks, like “Tell Me Goodbye”, but I hate splashing out money on disks with only 2 or 3 songs.
You can see I also got a Colonize sweater, which I loooove!
Not too long till I add another album to my collection… but will it be their 3rd full album, or Seungri’s mini album? Seungri is my least favourite member (due to his voice), so I’ll have to wait and see..
You’ve played or heard about this popular forum/twitter meme craze? Kpop is full of ridiculously over the top artist names. What if the entertainment agencies were slightly less ambitious?
Here’s some names I quickly came up with. See if you can guess who the original artist is… should be easy peasy for any kpop fan:
Music Boys Live in Average Quality
Rising Mortals from Gangnam
Teen Middle of the Road
Fly to the Sky on a Helicopter
Can you come up with any?
First off, Happy New Year! I spent the 2010-2011 transition in the lovely city of Taipei. I’ll put up some pictures later when I have a bit of spare time.
Now into 2011, the land of Kpop is heating up the winter with some very exciting releases in January. Just on the top of my head, we have Seungri, Infinite, DBSK, MBLAQ, One Way, JOO, Secret, G.NA, all returning with brand spanking new music. I’ll try and jot down my thoughts on some of the worthy releases later. But I’ve now heard tracks from Infinite, MBLAQ, One Way and DBSK, and I’ve loving it. All of it. Ooooh I’m in a very happy place right now and think it’s going to be a great year for Kpop. For the record, I thought 2010 was not a stellar year for Kpop. BIG (bang) things for 2011 though!
On another note, I purchased my copy of GD&TOP (I chose the GOLD version – cuz I’m hip hop). I was going to post up some pictures of the included booklet, but you can find plenty of other blogs with pretty scans e.g. McRoth’s. I also got around to buying Utada’s 2nd Singles Collection. I only started listening to Jpop and Utada last year so I’ve been playing catch up for a long time, so these collection albums are great. Head on over to Chaotic Dusk for in-depth reviews of Utada’s releases!